The rate is per hour, per floor monitor (night chaperone). There is a 4 hour minimum for service requests. The rates are all-inclusive, except when a hotel charges a parking fee. In that case, it is customary for arrangements to be made with the hotel to allow for free parking for the “night chaperone,” or the client will make payment for the parking fee when safe on-street parking is not available.
Bookings received 3 days or less before the requested service day, for night chaperone service, is considered an emergency booking/reservation and is serviced at an additional rate of $5 extra per hour.
Our night chaperone service agreements allow you to reduce your cost and save money, money that you can put to use on other tour activities or back into the pocket of your student travelers.
3-year night chaperone service agreement applies a $3 hourly rate discount to all locations serviced by Orange Moon Student Safety Services, LLC for your student travelers. *Booking/Service ratios apply.
2-year night chaperone service agreement applies a $2 hourly rate discount to all locations serviced by Orange Moon Student Safety Services, LLC for your student travelers. Except for California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey. *Booking/Service ratios apply.
1-year night chaperone service agreement applies a $1 hourly rate discount to 2 locations serviced by Orange Moon Student Safety Services, LLC for your student travelers. Except for California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey. *Booking/Service ratios apply.
No matter where you need service, Orange Moon can help you! We are your one-stop night chaperone, safety solution for your student travelers. We will streamline your process by setting up your service request, in our non-coverage areas, with our trusted security partners. Let us take the hassle from you so that you can focus on other fun things with your student tour planning. *Any location that is not listed under our normal coverage area will be serviced by a third party vendor.
The price for night chaperone service will vary depending on the location. *Service requests are generally $25-$50 per hour, per night chaperone.
• 100% refund if the booking is "pending" approval.
• 80% refund if you cancel up to 15 days ahead of service.
• 50% refund if you cancel 14 days - 8 days ahead of service.
• 25% refund if you cancel 7 days - 3 days ahead of service.
• 20% refund if you cancel 2 days ahead of service.
• 10% refund if you cancel 1 day ahead of service.
• 0% refund if you cancel or make any changes to your service location that increases the commute to provide service by more than 15 minutes / 5 miles than originally requested, or if the group is a no show on the same day of service.
• If you're not pleased with your safety monitor service, contact us within 3 days from the time the incident occurred. We will give you a refund, should it be determined that service failure occurred as a direct result of our monitor(s) job performance. While we hope it doesn't come to that, we will make it as painless as possible.
• After the 3rd-day period, you will no longer be eligible and won't be able to receive a refund. We encourage our clients to contact Orange Moon while service is occurring to report any issues immediately.
• Most refunds are processed within 3-5 days of receipt. When refunding to credit/debit cards, funds are available within 3-10 business days, depending upon your bank’s timeline (some banks have a longer processing time than others). Refunds via check will be mailed within 1-3 business days (“nationally, first-class mail should be delivered in about 4 days”).
• We reserve the right to review any refund request for any reason, including fraud prevention, quality assurance, or internal review.
Rates and Rate Corrections
• The rates shown are in US dollars. Orange Moon reserves the right to change prices for night chaperone services at any time and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. *Rates will remain the same for 2-year service agreements. *Rates will never change in the middle of the tour season.
• Orange Moon reserves the right to accept or decline your order, for night chaperone service, for any reason. Receipt of an order confirmation does not constitute confirmation of an intent to service, but instead a confirmation of the booking request. If Orange Moon cancels your order after you have been billed, it will refund the billed amount. However, Orange Moon shall notify you of an order cancellation or refund.
• Parking for your student night monitor should be negotiated with your sales representative, at the hotel, prior to your monitors arrival. Generally, hotels will provide the monitors with free parking, when safe on-street parking is not available.
Multiple Floors /Corridors
• If the students are located on multiple floors/corridors and there is not a monitor reserved for each, you agree that you (customer) are liable for any risks and thereby, relieve Orange Moon Student Security Services of any liability associated with there not being reserved a monitor for each floor/corridor.
• If the students can stay out past the monitors start time, the monitor will not assume responsibility for the group until all students have been placed in their respective rooms for curfew and a head count has been completed.
Send us a message with any night chaperone questions or concerns, and we'll get back to you with answers within 36 hours. In the meantime, check out our Customer Service page.